Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A little about me and my family.

My name is Cindie, and I'm the mother to two wonderful little boys!  My husband and I are 26 years old and have celebrated 7 wonderful years of marriage. Our son TJ just turned 4 a few months back and his little brother Mason turns 3 this next month. They're a planned 16 months apart. TJ has got EHK, or Epidermolytic Hyperkeratosis which is a form of Ichthyosis and Down Syndrome. His brother Mason is typical, without the skin disorder.

My husband and I are ALSO Christians who are pro-life and teach both the children ASL, American Sign Language. My husband is learning right along with the kids.. :)
TJ was declared hard of hearing his first 3 years and god prepared me for him when I moved to California at 15 and began learning sign language from a deaf friend up the street. My mother is also an ASL interpreter who helps teach me and the kids and she's a wonderful grandmother. God also prepared me by giving me a love of anything medically related from the age of maybe 8 or 9 years old and the ability to learn and easily understand and retain medical knowledge. It helped my husband out when TJ was born and we had to listen to all the stuff the doctors said during rounds in the NICU...

We actually bought our first house a year ago and are slowly turning it into what we will love. The goal in the next 5 years, after hopefully having one last child is for me to get into college and start nursing school to eventually become an RN, most likely in the Peds department.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it took me a while to respond to you. This is a great start to your new blog! I would encourage you to continue because I think it's really important that parents of children with Down Syndrome to write about their experiences. I think that is the only thing that will ultimately save lives. I can write all I want about the research and what the experts say, but you have real life experience. I know that it's difficult to find time to write and sometimes when you get no views and no comments, it's really discouraging. Don't give up! God bless! (I deleted my first comment because I re-read yours and saw that you had an old blog.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bethanie, I looked for a contact so I could tell you this information without having to publish it on here but was unable to find one, so I have no real choice.

    Regarding the blog titled "Mom to 2 boys, one with an extra 21st Chromosome of AWESOMENESS!!!"

    Hi Bethanie, This is Cindie's mom Karen.
    Cindie won't be posting on here anymore, unfortunately she passed a way at the young age of 26, so you can take her profile down. I don't know how this works but I'm trying to let all know so they can remove any info like this or blogs she may have. If you're a praying woman, please keep me, her brothers and little sister but mostly her husband Carlos and the two boys in your prayers. They are still young but I believe they know mommy's gone for good, I just pray they never believe she just walked out on them. She was such an amazing momma. Be blessed.

    Thank you,
    Karen Sawyer
    (Cindie's mom)

    If you need to, you can confirm it through her fb as her husband and I have been letting all who loved her know of her passing.

    ReplyDelete